Start your day off with a nice hot bowl of oatmeal. Oatmeal facts:
- Quaker steel cut oats have just 100 calories per 1/4c.
- 2.5 grams of fat (that’s pretty good in my book)
- 5 grams of protein
- It’s pack with 4 grams of fiber
- The best part is that it does not contain any additives
Things you can do to spice up your bland oatmeal:
- Add a teaspoon of pure maple syrup
- Try adding some spices like cinnamon
- Pure sugar (I suggest Truvia or stevia) They are from a plant source
- Add in some strawberries, raspberries, or nuts to give it some texture
I always tell my client not to skip breakfast it’s the most important meal of the day. People trying to lose weight often pick this road and it is the wrong plan. When you skip meals your body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism slows down. Your brain needs fuel in the morning just like your car. If you give your car the wrong type of gas it does not run perfectly. The same goes for your brain. Make sure to fuel it with the right protein so you are alert, your metabolism increases, and not tempted to eat food you normal wouldn’t choose like doughnuts, candy, or bagels.
Start your morning off right tomorrow and have a great day.
Related: Dealing with back pain